1. STUDENTS MATTER TO GOD (John 3:16; Rom. 5:8) In today’s society, students are really looking for answers. They have a void in their lives that can be filled only by Christ. They need to know that God loves them, and that only through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ are they going to be able to experience the full extent of His love.
2. DISCIPLESHIP MINISTRY IS A PROCESS (I Corinthians 3:5-8) Discipleship ministry serves all individuals at their level of interest and beliefs. Therefore, to minister to students as a whole, we must offer different levels or “entry points” which challenge each individual student at his or her level of “spiritual interest.”
3. CULTURAL RELEVANCE IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE (I Cor. 9:19-23) Youth culture continually changes. Therefore, the topics and methods by which they are discussed must be relevant to the experiences that the youth are facing in their everyday lives.
4. EVERYTHING IS DONE WITH PURPOSE AND TIES INTO OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT (Prov. 29:18) We plan specific events, messages, and small groups that align with what we’re about as a student ministry.
5. TEAM MINISTRY IS ESSENTIAL FOR SUCCESSFUL MINISTRY TO BE ACCOMPLISHED (Philippians 2:2) Ministry must be built around the team concept. I do not believe in the lone ranger style of ministry. The team concept is essential if the youth ministry is to increase in effectiveness. Each team member has the potential to be the most influential person in a student’s life.
6. EVANGELISM IS A PROCESS (I Corinthians 3:5-8) The Holy Spirit is the only One who can change lives. I believe the process of bringing a young person to Christ involves time, personal testimonies, love in action, events planned throughout the year to optimize sharing the Gospel, and committed youth with the vision to share Christ.
7. PRAYER IS NECESSARY FOR EVERY ASPECT OF YOUTH MINISTRY (Philippians 4:6) Living by example, showing students the importance of praying about all things. All things do matter to God. He wants us to know Him, and this can only be done through talking to Him and reading His word.
- Being christian does NOT mean to push your relationship with Christ to the world, but to live it out.,
- "Worship fills God's bucket". -Isaac, my 7 year old son. #wise #ProudDad,
- Trying to kick this sickness in the butt!! #brutalweek #badtiming (@ Kaiser Permanente - Tualatin in Tualatin, OR) https://t.co/5LxLqPQSuq,
- #stumin peeps, don't get buried with all the youth ministry articles of how to do ministry. Pick a few blogs to read. Limit yourself.,
- Starting work tonight for UPS tonight and I'm sick. This is going to be interesting.,
- Jeremy Zack 0
- Joel Mayward 0
- juniorhighministry.com 0
- My church 0
- Orange Parents 0
- Parent Teen 0
- Think Orange 0
- Verge Network 0
Created by Site5 WordPress Themes.
Experts in WordPress Hosting.