If you missed the last few weeks and the intro, just click below. A reminder that this is really created for use in small group discussion or picked a part for a message series. This week is some questions that were developed after reading James 2: 1-13.
Favoritism is for Punks!
Be a Punk to People – Get Punked by God! It’s that simple.
Read James 2 1:1-13
Pending on the size of your group, have each student read at least one paragraph of the text. It gets them involved and pushes for engagement.
- What example does James give of “religion..pure and faultless?” (1:27)
- How does this statement lead into the topic of favoritism? (1)
- What is the difference in clothes for the rich and poor man? (2)
- How is favoritism shown to these people? (3-4) Who at your school receives special attention? who is discriminated against?
- What two things does God give to the poor? (5) If God chose the poor to have these things, how should we treat them?
- What three things do rich people do to Christians, according to James? (6-7)
- What is the Royal Law? (8) Why is this the law ” Royal”? What is the opposite of this law?
- Who are the lawbreakers? (9-11) Are you a lawbreaker?
- If this is true, what is the solution to the problem of favoritism and discrimination? (12)
- What is the threat to anyone who refuses to keep the Royal Law by treating all people alike? (13)
- How does mercy triumph over judgement for God? (13) what about for us?
- If we focus all our energy on being a great leader, but don't have love. We're missing it. #pastor #stumin,
- RT @JonAcuff: "It's the parents' job to protect their kids' time so kids don't get too busy. Childhood isn't long." My 8yo dropping knowledge on me.,
- Prepping for three days of speaking at Chapel. Starting tomorrow. Speaking about Identity! #opportunities #stumin #youthpastor,
- Read The Conversation: w/James Hooper ▸ today's top stories via @VideosForStuMin @lillylewin @moderhead http://t.co/eNREhLzyJY,
- Band concert! I have talented students!! #band #stumin (@ West Hills Christian School) http://t.co/KM7SC3XGWT,
- Jeremy Zack 0
- Joel Mayward 0
- juniorhighministry.com 0
- My church 0
- Orange Parents 0
- Parent Teen 0
- Think Orange 0
- Verge Network 0
Created by Site5 WordPress Themes.
Experts in WordPress Hosting.